To apply please email us at email@example.com
The Project Engineer, MEP supports the Division in providing leadership and technical expertise in the key areas of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing engineering. The incumbent has direct responsibility for a portfolio of construction projects as are assigned. He must ensure quality in keeping with international best practices and national construction standards.
You will need to be proficient in the following:
- B.E/ B.Tech in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited academic institution
- Masters in Engineering or related field from an accredited institution
- PMP Certification will be added advantage.
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations governing large construction projects, the Companies’ act , State Financial Regulations and other relevant legislation
- In-depth knowledge of Building Codes
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing techniques, project management methodologies, techniques and concepts
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written as well as presentation skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools and software relevant to job functions
Management of Department
- Assists in the development of a Divisional Action Plan relevant to MEP activities, standard operating procedures relevant to mechanical/electrical and plumbing engineering
- Assists in the development of Assists in developing and monitoring project performance against strategies and plans and takes action as necessary to ensure the achievement of goals and objectives
- Develops and reviews designs for mechanical/electromechanical, HVAC electrical, and plumbing systems and the preparation of related engineering drawings.
- Prepares MEP Design Reports and pursue approvals from relevant regulatory authorities.
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by undertaking and applying the relevant principles
- Assists in the development of RFQs / RFPs from inception to sign-off of project(s).
- Oversees and monitors the construction of mechanical/electromechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, Provides technical advice/input relevant to MEP systems.
- Prepares engineering reports, budgets, tender documents, and cost estimates and assists in the evaluation of proposal
Management of Department
- Attends pre-construction meetings with clients, contractors, and consultants as necessary
- Assists Clients in preparation of User Requirements, ensuring clarity of goals and client expectations
- Ensures that the RFPs for each project are clearly documented and communicated to appropriate personnel in keeping with the approved procedures
- Assists in developing Schedules and Milestones towards achieving the end date of assigned projects and submits for approval
- Responsible for delivering MEP solutions to engineering queries and requests from internal/external stakeholders of the Corporation
- Participates in risk assessment and recommends design modifications to eliminate system malfunctions
- Recommends and coordinates integrity and performance testing of equipment
- Supervises monitors and evaluates the performance of Contractors/Consultants on project sites
- Ensures adherence to quality control, monitoring compliance with building and safety codes and relevant regulations.